Goal setting is important for students, entrepreneurs, organizations, and freelancers or for anyone. I think goals are the only method that makes us, team, serious for the work and duties. Goals setting helps in personal, career and business development. And goal setting is also a major part of leadership skills development in students.
Many times goals make the situation stressful and confuse. It’s because we see we have to do lots of things to achieve them. And that’s why we feel unconfident, negative, less motivated to work on the goals.
The solution is that if we focus on small steps and break big goals into small steps that we can take daily, it becomes easier to work on the goals.
But the question is how it will help and what are the benefits of setting goals for yourself. So in this article, I will try to explain the benefits of setting goals in life and career.
Following are the benefits of setting goals in life
- Improvement in self-confidence:- The first benefits of setting goals in life is that it will improve your self-confidence. Yes, goals setting improve your self-confidence because while you’re setting goals it looks real and achievable. You start feeling positive about yourself. For example, if you set your goals to earn 100000 monthly then it looks possible after you set each step on paper or excel sheet to achieve this goal. Because on paper, your goals are achievable but if don’t do the action to achieve your goals it will make you tensioned and stressful. So, if you want to get confidence back, set goals and follow the guidelines and steps. It’s time to do actions. Learn More: Methods to become more confident in your IT career
- You do start focusing on actions: – You can’t achieve your all dreams and goals without actions. On the paper, life goals look achievable and realistic. I often feel my future in present and it increases the speed of thinking and I start acting on my goals immediately. Immediate actions are the results of clear vision. That’s another benefit of setting goals in life.
- Clarity in vision: – A truck driver knows where they have to deliver the carriage if not then time is waste on to embark possible destination. So, we’re like a driver, life is our truck, dreams or written document of goals are our carriage and results are our destination. We embark our destination when we are writing goals. We need to fuel our truck to drive to the destination. Same we need confidence and focus in our life to achieve goals. A driver can drive faster if the vision is clear and the driver knows where they have to go. Goals make our vision clear. We start doing hard work in the right direction with the hope of great results.
- Speed in thinking: – Our brain thinks fast towards goals. We start thinking to improve the speed of our actions. We think to reach the destination faster. On the highway, we drive fast and on the tough road, we are slow. Yes, in the beginning, we’re slow to achieve goals but later we start moving towards our goals faster. Speed is important to reach goals within time. Because the client accepts delivery of carriage on time. Speed in thinking develop your personality and it is great for personal development.
- We do enjoy the journey of goals: We do efforts to achieve goals with enjoyment. We feel happiness. Enjoy the process to achieve the goals. Goals setting allow us to be happy to achieve me. A truck driver often listening to songs while they are driving. They are singing, playing and enjoying every moment to reach the destination. We do similar after setting goals.
- The goal makes us disciplined: – Generally, this is the first thing to require achieving goals. Discipline is a practice to follow rules. We set up the rules in our goals e.g. 1 hour for exercise, 1 hour for reading etc. are the rules. The goals and rules can be different to each of us. But we all have the required discipline and practice to achieve goals. Learn More: Importance of discipline in school life
- We can’t waste time: – Without goals, we don’t know what the value of our time is. Because we’re always thinking about our goals and rules that we need to follow daily and hourly. And it’s our duty and responsibility that we use every minute of our time to achieve goals. So, we stopped wasting time. If we want to reach the destination quickly then we do not care about less important things. We have fixed time only 365 days in this year. And we have to achieve our dreams with peace of mind.
- Peace of mind: – It is one of the best benefits of goal setting. It is satisfaction at end of the day. We use and manage our precious time. And proper time management improves our productivity. And by seeing the productivity makes us happy. Happiness is the resource of peace of mind.
- You do focus on the present: – You do focus on the present: – After setting goals we know what will be our future. By knowing this we can focus on the present and do hard work required to achieve goals. The more we focused on our present actions the great our future will be.
- Acting on intuition: – We do believe in own after setting goals. We become a follower of our own intuition. Only goals motivate us to be your own follower instead of following 1000 people on twitter. Follow the great ones, and you’re one of those. Maybe you don’t know now about your greatness after you achieve your goals. Etc.
I think after reading the 10 benefits of setting goals in life you definitely serious for your dreams. Goals are so much important.
That’s all but don’t just focus more on the benefits of goal setting. The benefits will come true after your consistent practice. If you want to experience the power of goal setting, try to set goals for today. And stick to it and see the results at the end of the day.
Sometimes monthly weekly goal setting creates stress and burden but one that is beneficial that you can achieve more by setting goals. Else in the short term if you work based on the mood then it feels good, but you don’t progress much. So it’s important to maintain the balance between mood and demand of time.
If you’re doing multiple works each day or running business single handly then without setting goals you can forget what you were working yesterday and last week or on why or what you have decided.
But if we have goals, we can approach others, we can call clients for pending payments, we can learn the book that we started, we can pitch new ideas.
Without goals career or profession looks like aimless. That’s why goal setting is important in life.
If you want to learn to set and achieve your goals, the following online courses can be helpful for you, Let’s take a look:
OKR Goal Setting 101 – Set and smash your goals like a pro
If you haven’t subscribed yet, Please Enter your email id here & subscribe then verify it by visiting verification link in your mailbox, after that you will get great articles like this one automatically to your email inbox.
Vijay Kumar is Entrepreneur, IT Career/Leadership Skills Trainer and likes to help students, freelancers, and job seekers with his personal and professional experiences and ideas. The goal of writing is to help students to grow IT related Career and Leadership Skills.
For updates and messages: FACEBOOK TWITTER