Before we begin any new work and make a final decision, we surely think about freelancing business advantages and disadvantages. It is important to weigh out both the things before coming to a conclusion. There is a possibility that you may feel discouraged to do it after knowing the disadvantages, but it is necessary if you want to have sound planning and execution.
Many times people get influenced by the advantages of freelancing and step into this field. They think about leaving their regular job for full time freelancing before knowing about its disadvantages.
Friends, I am not saying that you shouldn’t start freelancing. I’m just trying to say that you should know about the positives and negatives so that you can make an informed decision and completely understand every aspect of it. What is freelancing and who can work as freelancer.
Let’s know about the advantages of freelancing first:
1. Freelancing business helps you to earn more money
The primary reason why so many people become freelancers is because of the fact that you can earn more income by entering the field of freelancing. For an hour’s work, you can expect to get anywhere from 300-1000 to 5000 Rupees. In a month you can take up ten projects worth 10000 each. Or you can earn 10-15 Thousand within a week’s time. If fortune is in your favor, you can even earn 4000-5000 Rs in a single day’s work. On the contrary, you won’t find these kinds of amazing opportunities to earn like this in the offline world. You have fixed work timings from 9 to 6 and have a fixed salary that you get after 30 days. You have to make a living within that 20-30000 Rupees and many times people end up wasting time in the office. For these reasons, freelancing is most suitable for getting the right price for your skills and time.
2. You can International working experience and high-quality knowledge in by doing Freelancing
The second biggest reason for exploring freelancing is that you get to have work experience on an international level and you gain access to top-class knowledge from people who are experts in their field. For example when you apply or bid for projects, you have to compete with other freelancers and need to convince the client to hire you. So you interact with different types of clients and freelancers from all over the world. These kinds of activities help to bring out your capabilities to their best extent. You get to learn new things each day from your clients. You put all your strength and effort in bidding for projects when you compete with other freelancers. These sharpen your mind to give you good analytical abilities and your creativity is also enhanced. You become a thorough professional and mentally much stronger.
You get to learn new things each day from your clients. You put all your strength and effort in bidding for projects when you compete with other freelancers. These sharpen your mind to give you good analytical abilities and your creativity is also enhanced. You become a thorough professional and mentally much stronger.
Communicating with different types of people on an international level also improves your communication skills and your mindset. You become highly professional within a short time while freelancing online. This can also be achieved offline but it can take many years to reach that kind of the point of view while working in traditional offline companies.
3. Freelancing Business provide you freedom & Flexibility
The third most important advantage of freelancing is the freedom to work. A freelancer can work at any time of the day or night once the number of days assigned to a project is agreed upon. He has the freedom to decide his work timings as per his wish and he can choose what type of work he wants to do and in what order. He can decide how much to charge for a particular project and which client to work for.
A freelancer is dependent upon himself for his success or failure. If he constantly updates his skills and becomes an expert in his work, then he will benefit from it very soon. Apart from this, he can work for any duration; 4 hours, 10 hours or 16 hours, it’s in his hands. A freelancer has the freedom to work from any location, anyway he wants. The client is only concerned about the work being done with quality and speed. So being able to earn more, learn more and the freedom to work are the biggest advantages of the freelancing field.
Now let’s take a look at the:
Disadvantages of freelancing and the reasons why so many people do not want to venture into it or fail while doing it:
1. Freelancing is purely a competitive business system/environment. Every freelancer is an independent business entity so he has to work extra hard to manage everything on his own. Becoming a freelancer means he has to continuously look for new clients and projects and this is not an easy thing to do. He must be very skillful and mentally strong if he has to survive freelancing so that he is prepared and inspired for the hard work required.
2. A freelancer’s job is not easy because he has to constantly keep learning new things to remain updated with the skills of his field. He has to imagine new ways to convince different types of clients to hire him. He needs to stay relevant to market interests and demands by molding himself into the perfect role for a specific job. So that his skills and knowledge remains updated and proves to be useful for a client. All of this is not easy to accomplish. To keep up the spirit of learning every day along with the changes that are happening each day and the growing competition can be extremely difficult. It takes tremendous mental strength and it takes time. This is why so many people either don’t try freelancing at all or even if they try they give up after 1 or 2 years or after 1-2 projects to try something else.
3. The third disadvantage of entering the freelancing field is the presence of almost unfair rules and regulations of freelancing sites. These terms and conditions keep changing frequently and many times there are 50-100 people bidding for the same project due to poor mismanagement by the websites. Finding work on a regular basis can become a difficult task, it takes a lot of attempts to land a project and this does not translate into a permanent or steady income source. Unlike a regular offline job where you have the security of earning a fixed amount each month no matter what happens. In freelancing, sometimes you will have money other times you won’t have any. So the freelancer has to struggle for a regular income source.
After knowing about the disadvantages we can say that it is not for everyone. Not everyone will be able to do what is needed to become a successful freelancer. It is not easy to just leave a standard office job and start freelancing all of a sudden. It is a transition that takes time and I still believe that freelancing is an excellent way to earn extra income for a start. Despite the disadvantages, freelancing can be started as a part time activity and slowly turned into a full-time profession as you gain experience and knowledge. Freelancing is totally like a business and you have to treat it like a business in order to excel.
There are a lot of methods mentioned in klientsolutech.com freelancing category that you must have read which can help you to become a successful freelancer in spite of all the disadvantages.
If you haven’t subscribed yet, Please Enter your email id here & subscribe then verify it by visiting verification link in your mailbox, after that you will get great articles like this one automatically to your email inbox.