Online classes on internet is now an alternative of traditional higher academic and technical education. Taking classes online on the internet has many advantages for students and teachers. Gone are the days when we were dependent for education on one university, institution or one teacher. Now students are free to select the courses, degrees and teachers according their interest on the internet. Students are selecting the courses and degrees according to the industry demands and that is based on the views of experts from various countries. Everyone is learning and teaching without leaving the home.
Students have the choice to select any one or two online course and degree from a variety of programs and courses. Online degrees, diplomas and certificates are equally valuable as compared with offline courses. This is the power of internet that even housewives, Government employees, Senior citizens can do advanced study on the internet.
As you know the importance of education in our life. The demand for higher education and advanced job oriented skills is very high. Big companies are investing money in online education, online classes websites and apps. One example is Lynda.com, an online education website that was acquired by Linked In.com few months ago and recently Linked In.com was purchased by Microsoft Inc. This is just one example that indicates what is behind online education and future of education.
Advantages of taking online classes for students:
- Online classes give flexibility for students to set study time:Online classes give advantages to students to set their study time. They can set when their mind is working best or they are in a studying mood. Students can learn in the morning or in the evening as they feel suitable. This is also best for working people or house-wives as they have the flexibility to set the study time after job hours or home duties. We don’t get this flexibility in offline classes and that’s why many people are not able to pursue higher education after getting job and lose interest in taking part time classes. But the Internet is helping people to take online classes to improve their skills and knowledge.
- Students have multiple options to select from the best courses and online institutes:Yes, on the internet there are many universities, institutes, companies, freelancers, and teachers who are teaching on the internet. Various websites are providing online classes, notes, Q&A, counseling, blog etc. with certificate and degrees. Students can compare syllabus, degree, future opportunities in the selected course. There are a variety of courses helping students to get the right online course for their best interest, rather than doing outdated offline courses and degrees. Students can not only do professional courses (technical, programming, music, designing etc.) online but also academic degrees. To take academic and professional degrees online is very helpful for those students who want to do higher study in specific subject but not able to find college/university/institution in their city or state.
- Online classes are less costly than traditional degree programs: Students pay offline too much money on extra expenses such as PG or rented room, books and on daily pocket money. Some very high tech courses can be costly but if you calculate the overall cost it will be less costly than traditional system of education. Universities, educational institutes are now providing online classes by using the services of e-learning platforms such as coursera,udmeyand BYJU’s etc. These online educational tools are also less costly for universities and teachers. So, doing online courses can be helpful to learn more advanced knowledge with minimum budget. Also many universities are also are providing financial ads for low budget students.
- More time to study and learn – option to record and repeat classes thousand times:Online courses material, notes, exercises are available 24/7 for students. They can watch it more than once until they don’t fully understand. This is another big benefit of online classes over traditional classrooms lectures. This is great for working students to do higher study while earning part time income. They can watch and practice whenever they have time. They can even take online classes in smart phone/tablets while travelling.
- Various Types of Teachers/ Teaching Style/ Subject experts:Students don’t need to learn from one teacher if they find it difficult to understand the topic, they can watch other tutorials and classes to understand the topic. There are various types of Teachers on the internet teaching students, some of them are Professors and lecturers (private & government) and few are without degree and diploma but have high practical knowledge. It depends on students which teacher’s style of teaching is good for them. Students can watch courses or class demos before paying fees. Students can also see reviews and feedback of other students about the course or in the teacher’s profiles.
Related: Top 3 Qualities of a Good Teache
- Options of Free Courses:If someone is not interested to spend money initially then there are various websites in which they can take free online classes. Students can also learn on YouTube because various teachers or subject experts have started their own channels for students to learn more. Some teachers provide basic classes and for more advanced classes they invite students to join paid courses. This is great because before paying money they can see how someone is teaching. If you’re in India or anywhere else looking for tuition classes, or any professional course offline then I will suggest you do it online. Just try the new technology and modern era teaching methodology and see the difference.
- Personal Development:When students do online courses they are more responsible for their career. Online classes put less pressure on students and they can focus on the subjects better. Some students feel uncomfortable in college or class to ask questions but online they can just chat or can ask question from teachers and they can do it anytime. More responsible attitude, less pressure, own environment and self-study can help students in personal development.
The above advantages of online classes are just a few main ideas about the benefits of learning online. There are also many other advantages. Never forget that there are disadvantages too. But now students have choice to select which particular method, online or offline class for degree is best for them.
Education on internet created a healthy competition between intuitions and teachers. This is great for students to learn from high quality teachers. Yes, there are various disadvantages of online classes too but I suggest try one small duration technical or academic diploma or certificate course and give exam and see what happens. I mean try to do a small course from a top level university or high level course from any online education provider intuition or website and see, it will help to find out if you are you able to do it for big degree?
Online classes are not only beneficial for beginner students but for everyone. So, get 2-3 hours form your busy schedule and just start doing online course to improve your skills and knowledge.
I hope you like this post, Do you want share your thoughts on online classes? Then please comment below!
Recent news about online class: Here you can get latest news about Online Courses