There are various benefits of of online courses such as less costly, schedule flexibility, anyone anytime can do online course on mobile, tablet and computer from home, lifetime access, allow to track progress and varieties of courses etc. It mean students can learn skills in hours instead of months and years.
The extensive growth in the use of the internet worldwide opened up new online learning platforms. It increases even more after the people find it very effective in mobile devices. It brought online degree courses, online classes, online course for students.
It’s inspiring every expert to be an online teacher. Experts creating, launching, promoting their own courses using the Internet. That opened the income opportunities for people and now it’s pronounced passive income for experts and teachers online.
But the benefits of online courses for students are more than teachers. There are various benefits of online learning. In this article, I have explained the top 12 benefits of online courses for students with examples. So let’s start:
1. Low fee:- The low fees for doing an online course is the most attractive benefits for students. It means all kind of students can afford the online course. It’s broken the tradition that only kids of rich people can learn advanced skills. Now common village people registering their kids to join online classes. That’s the greatest benefits of an online course is that now everyone can afford the education.
Online courses fees are lower because it cost less than traditional education method. The cost of production through recording, distribution by online educational platforms, websites are less than other educational methods.
2. All kind of courses:- Students can choose an online course on the basis of interest. There is almost all kind of online courses for students such as 2eb development, mobile apps development, programming languages and game development etc. Online courses are not only for IT students but for all kind of students. It means there are industry-specific online courses available for students such as digital marketing, physical science, engineering, social science, construction, languages, personal development, finance, lifestyle, business, music as well as academic courses, So students have a variety of courses to choose from and it’s the 2nd biggest benefit of online courses. It was tough few years ago to find out such a wide variety of courses in one place, city, and state. But nowadays students are doing online degree and professional certifications from home.
3. Online courses can be done by sitting at home:- It was tough a few years ago to move from village to city to do a particular training and course. The cost was very high in the cities as compared to the village. That’s why the students were unable to build strong foundations of their career in the village. But online courses benefiting students from all kind of cities and villages due to the reach of internet in cities and lower internet charges by telecom companies especially in India.
4. Lifetime access for online course content:- When students registered on online learning platforms they will be able to access the course anytime. It means that the lifetime access to the course helps students learning again later in their career when they need that kind of particular knowledge. It’s not possible in the traditional methods of education to repeat. When it was the problems that’s why it is a solution in this era of technologies for students that we call it online courses, online degree, and online education.
5. Students can be joined at any time: Students can enroll themselves in an online course at any time whenever they want. It’s not possible in traditional methods of education.
Sometimes students want to enroll themselves in degree or professional certification course after the holiday and family occasions. But the institute does not wait for them and start the session.
But in an online course, they can join the online course today, tomorrow or after a month, it’s not a problem. The first lesson starts when they join, No matter that existed students enrolled in that course now taking the 5th lesson or completed. It’s because each students learning from its own observations and speed of understanding. And the online course does not affect and disturbing others time.
6. Students can learn any time, anywhere: Students can learn anytime and anywhere. They can learn at home, library and in the garden as well. It can be early in the morning at 4 o’clock or in the evening or at midnight.
Students can be interested anytime to learn. We can’t control it and it’s not good to control. That’s why the online course is very beneficial for students who mostly learn and practice based on mood.
Online courses are beneficial for all kind of students. For example, a graphics designer doing the job in a daytime, but learning animation and 3d graphics at night. It can be a marketing executive spend most of the time traveling, can learn digital marketing on the bus. Housewives can do this after the child’s sleep. Anyone getting bored in his/her shop can do an online course and can join online business courses.
There are so many benefits of online courses for all age, category and industry students. That’s why online courses are more popular worldwide and everyone wants to take at least one online course. Even there are many working professional students taking 1 online course each month. It’s because they want to become the master of their trade, and they know they can’t be there without learning from experts and mentors. That’s why online courses are very beneficial for students.
7. Availability of public reviews and feedback:- Reviews and feedback help to find out the best course. There are plenty of online courses and websites to choose one course. Students can do the selection based on the comparison of course content, hours, reviews, feedback and enrolled students.
8. Teaching by domain-specific experts:- Students found experienced domain-specific experts in online classes. Most of the online course teachers are not a professional teacher or not authorized by governments. But they teach, it’s because they love the subject they are working in, they want to gain more knowledge of that subject during the online course process. And they are already known as an expert. Such as SEO expert and services provider teaching online SEO course is more beneficial than any other options. It’s because SEO service provider and an expert know the in’s and out’s of SEO. SEO is his/her daily job. And obviously, students will get more benefits.
9. Latest and updated courses: Students do an online course for knowledge and skill development. It’s important that they get knowledge and skills based on the latest technological products and services development. For example, if someone is doing a course offline to learn to build websites but learning HTML instead of HTML5 then such students have to do another course in the future. It’s because they are not learning what’s in the trends and more effective methods.
That’s why almost all popular online courses up to date as per latest technological and philosophical development. And it’s the reason why few online courses are best sellers. They are best sellers due to the latest and updated course content. And they often update any of course lesson as per the development.
That’s why taking online classes and courses helps students to learn fast, accurate, latest and updated knowledge and skills.
10. Pre-made notes:- Many online course instructors provide notes for students. Such notes are pre-designed and written as per the importance of lesson. Such notes beneficial for students to understand explanation and methods.
11. Certification after completion of the online course:- Many online courses have certificates for students. It is based on a skill test and assignment. Students can do online degree courses as well. There are various accredited online degree courses for students. Those provide certificates after completion of the course. But not all are accredited by the government but self-certified.
12. Students can access the online course in any device:-Students can access Online courses accessible by using any of a one, such as mobile, laptop and computer devices. It means if they do not have a laptop or computer, then they can take the class on their android or ios phone. They can access the same in the tablet. The use of internet in mobile devices provide options for everyone to use the benefits of online courses anytime and anywhere.
There are lots of other benefits of online courses for students such as they can learn skills in hours instead of months. Online courses also help students looking for the quick career development and new skill & creativity development.
In the end, there will be no exaggeration to say that online courses are in demand today. Universities, colleges and all kind of educational institutions and teachers trying to grab the opportunities available in online education. Many universities are partnering with online education platforms.
Online courses have lots of benefits but there are also many disadvantages too. It’s a different education system. But our decision makers have to understand that they don’t need to look on online education as a replacement method of traditional education. Both have own methods, process, and system and both are important for students.
Now it totally depends on the students, how they use offline and online educational opportunities and system for their benefits.
Vijay Kumar is an Entrepreneur and the founder of www.klientsolutech.com blog website that is aimed to help students, entrepreneurs in career and business development.
Currently Digital Marketing Freelancer at Upwork and so far have completed 100+ digital marketing projects successfully for online and offline clients.
In past worked in many institutes and educated more than 1500 + Students basic practical IT skills offline. Working in the IT field since 2007.
You can follow/connect/communicate here: Follow @VijayKu19267788