Microsoft Excel Chart Exercise: Microsoft Excel chart is used to visualize data that is easy to understand. In other words charts in Excel or in any application are used to communicate visually with the audience. It is a visual communicator. There is various type of charts in Excel that you can use to visualize your data. These are columns chart, line chart, bar chart, pie chart, area chart, Scatter, surface chart and many others.
But let’s understand today about column chart in simple and easiest exercise on excel chart.
- Create a table, see a picture below. Enter the appropriate data that you want to show in the chart. In this example, we are using India-Pakistan T20 cricket match, in which we are highlighting scored run per over.
2. Calculate the total runs of each team. By using Auto Sum (please see in the picture below)
3. Now select all three rows and columns, as you can see in the picture below.
4. After this go to insert and select column chart.
5. Now stretch the chart form edges as looking in the image below. Add heading of the chart, OX axis, and OY axis Values; please see in the image below.
It’s because we can use it as column chart to visualize a comparison between 2-3 columns data such as in the final image above, you can see that on OX axis you can see overs. And on OY Axis, there are runs and in two different column bars in colors highlighting team runs. You often see this kind of chart in a cricket match on TV.
While this is basic exercise, but practicing it means a lot to beginners in Excel.
If you haven’t subscribed yet, Please Enter your email id here & subscribe then verify it by visiting verification link in your mailbox, after that you will get great articles like this one automatically to your email inbox.
Vijay Kumar is an Entrepreneur and the founder of www.klientsolutech.com blog website that is aimed to help students, entrepreneurs in career and business development.
Currently Digital Marketing Freelancer at Upwork and so far have completed 100+ digital marketing projects successfully for online and offline clients.
In past worked in many institutes and educated more than 1500 + Students basic practical IT skills offline. Working in the IT field since 2007.
You can follow/connect/communicate here: Follow @VijayKu19267788