In this essay, I am describing the importance of communication skills for students. Why communication skills are important for school and university students to learn more from teachers. What is the importance of good communication skills after schools and college in student’s professional and social life?
How conversational skills impact on the workplace, in career and personal development? How are communication skills helpful for students in education and studies?
There are various reasons why communication skills are important for students. Communication skills help students in their study, career development, job interview, workplace and social networking.
Following Practical reasons behind the importance of communication skills for students
1. Communication skills help to learn more from teachers: – Students need practical and deeper knowledge about the subject they are learning in school and college. For better learning from teachers, they need to ask the question and they have to discuss their subjective and objective doubts. When teachers understand where they are confused about the subject then they can teach in their style, it will help students get high marks.
Most of the students do not ask question because of fear, hesitation and low confidence. Communication skills help them to listen, understand the point of view of teachers in the class. After listening and understanding what teachers are speaking about students can ask better questions with confidence and it will help them to gain more knowledge.
That’s why teachers always encourage and guide students to listen the topic with full presence of mind in the class. That’s how communication can help them to study well.
Related: – Importance of Education in life
2. The quality of being friendly with others: – It’s important to be friendly with others in school and college. Controlled verbal communication and physical expression help them to make new friends. Studying with good friends relieve the stress. And it’s really important in competitive environment and situation.
Good communication skills build strong friendships. It will give confidence. And students get interested in visiting school and college daily. But all is possible when someone respect other, communicate when it is important and show positive expression in the certain situation. That’s how communication skills enhance the ability to understand and share the feelings of each other. It will build a strong friendly relationship and that can often be converted into business partnerships and love later in life.
3. Communication skills help in career development: – Clear communication about the skills and knowledge, objective vocabulary in words while communicating with interviewers, confident physical expressions help students to get a job after the completion of the degree. That’s how effective communication makes difference in the personality of students. Many students face communication problem in the interview that’s why learning and improved communication help them to build a career in their respective field.
4. Enhancement in teamwork and collaborative attitude: – Positive behaviors, the gratitude of others, a collaborative effort in solving the problem with other team member are a great example of effective communication in the workplace. Effective communication increases the productivity in business. It will improve the chances of promotion, earn other members respect. That’s how communication skills enhance the teamwork and collaborative attitude and it gives long term benefits.
In future students will communicate with clients by text, audio and video conferencing in the job. If they are not effective in emails, tweets, and social engagement then it will negatively impact their career progress. That’s why listening, writing and verbal communication by using Internet of things plays a big positive and negative role in students personal and career development.
That’s why students need to improve their communication skills while they are in school and college. So later in their career and life communication will not become the wall in their success.
5. Communication skills develop professionalism in the students: – Students in future will become doctors then they need to communicate effectively with patients. They need empathy, friendliness, professionalism in their speaking and attitude while interacting with patients.
India or countries need good political, business and social leaders. In future students will become political/business, entrepreneur, bureaucrat, and leaders. And without communicating effectively with people, and not listening problems people are facing not help them get votes, customers and support of people. They have to listen, it’s their duty, they have to be patience, and they need to manage anger and lots of other things.
As you know some of our current political leader’s verbal and non-verbal communication is a bad, nasty and ill example that I think good teachers/parents never want to have similar in their kids/students.
I am telling you because such negative communication is never will be good for the development practices of the country. Such communication increases social tension, riots, a war in between us.
That’s why it’s really important for all us to think, understand and analyze the situation then speak. Communication is an expression, and freedom of expression is our right but expressions should be on right track, with right people, for the right cause, and on the right platform.
Learning and practicing communication skills help students in future to handle such kind of professional and social tensions. Following effective communication and avoiding the bad example of communication will make them a great leader, professional and socially impactful.
All duties that we follow as a citizen, and do effectively with quality will help in the development of our country. So, this is what I think, how improvement in communication skills can be very helpful for students.
6. Communication skills are important for students in social networking: – Communication in group activities, debate and family functions help students to analyze their communication skills level and standard. In conversation listen to other people opinions is very important to reach new conclusions about the subject. And it’s not possible without communicating effectively with positive expression.
It’s really important to learn that, while communicating, students have to respect the feelings of others. Many times we talk with parents, friends, and in meetings and with employer very rudely. It’s really important to communicate without causing distress to someone feelings.
That’s why communication skills are especially more important for students to learn because they are more energetic, enthusiastic, passionate and open minded. It’s not bad but overuse of such things can impact badly about their personality in the society. Not only offline but online.
Healthier communication with parents, teachers, colleges, cousins, classmates and with anyone can build students more trustworthy. It will build self-esteem and increase the confidence in students that will impact positively on their education.
7. Improvement in presence of mind and memory enhancement: – When we communicate, listen, express and understand what we’re talking about, it will improve our presence of mind. While communicating when we focus on listener not on the mobile phone then it will help to enhance our brain power and memory.
Students need brain power and sharp memory to become successful in everything they want to do, to achieve their dreams. The uses of communication skills increase their focus and they are ready for any answer because of the presence of mind. The presence of mind improves their vocabulary, communication skills and enhances memory like a genius. Every student wants to become a genius in their life but without the use of effective communication, it’s not possible.
So, these are reasons why communication skills are important for students to improve, learn and use. There are various online communication courses in which they can improve their verbal and non-verbal communication skills effectively. They can also learn communication skills from good speakers, teachers, journalists, and parents.
Good communication skills are the proof of well-educated person. So you can try to communicate nicely with everyone and see the results of your communication. Respect everyone not on basis of caste, religion, job and social status but as being human.
Love, integrity, trust, honesty and truthfulness are the foundation of communication skills. Use the foundation of communication skills and you will understand how important effective communication in our life.
If you haven’t subscribed yet, Please Enter your email id here & subscribe then verify it by visiting verification link in your mailbox, after that you will get great articles like this one automatically to your email inbox.
Vijay Kumar is an Entrepreneur and the founder of www.klientsolutech.com blog website that is aimed to help students, entrepreneurs in career and business development.
Currently Digital Marketing Freelancer at Upwork and so far have completed 100+ digital marketing projects successfully for online and offline clients.
In past worked in many institutes and educated more than 1500 + Students basic practical IT skills offline. Working in the IT field since 2007.
You can follow/connect/communicate here: Follow @VijayKu19267788