Employee training and development is all about to impart with the employee a specific knowledge, skills, techniques, and abilities with an aim of raising their performance level, in their present roles and does facilitate them new learning opportunities, for their further growth too.
The employee is the most important asset to an organization. It contributes to the growth of the organization. Training increases the knowledge base of the employee, familiarise him/her with new skills, new techniques. If an employee knows how to contribute towards the development of the organization it will make a huge difference in the companies production or goal achievement. That is possible through training and development program.
For instance, when an employee joins the organization, he/she is given job-related training to ensure satisfactory performance of the duties assigned to him/her. A trained employee can contribute more to the organization.
Employee development is done with the determination for the long run as it is developed along with the concept of setting up an employee for the current as well as future jobs. Employee training and development facilitates them with new learning opportunities. These help to increase their competencies, work under pressure, to face more challenging and complex tasks.
Keys for training and development of employee:
- Skills: The employee is trained with the skills he/she is going to perform with for e.g. how to revert to the client, how to work on the different kind of the machinery with minimum resources etc.
- Literacy: Literacy is not only related to education but here proficiency in the corporate language and an employee must be fully aware of the corporate culture, to deal with international clients and customers.
- Theoretical: The training aims at teaching theoretical concepts along with practical knowledge to the employee. It also improves their judgmental and reasoning power.
- Attitude: The training brings attitudinal changes in the employees. Attitude indicates the feelings, outlook, reaction and beliefs of the employee towards others. It has a great impact on an employee’s morale, motivation, loyalty, commitment, and satisfaction.
- Knowledge: ImproveTraining involves development, where more stress is given to improve knowledge, rather than the skills. Here, knowledge means the understanding of the business concept, human relations, management, etc.
- Ethics are the pivotal point that regulates the conduct of an employee, at the time of undertaking any activity. The training and development program must provide knowledge regarding ethical conduct.
Employee Training and development facilitate both the organization and the employee as follow:
- Utilization of resources: Training helps in the better utilization of resources, i.e. men, machine, material, and money.
- Reduce Wastage: Training ensures less wastage, with respect to resources and time. The amount of wastage reduces, learning time also reduces, and more work performed in very less time.
- Profitability: It improves the performance of the employee which results in increased profitability.
- New techniques: Employees learn new techniques to perform. These techniques enable an organization for its survival, competition, and growth in the market.
- Utilization: It helps in the reduction of employee idle time and absenteeism.
- Positive attitude: Increases positive attitude in employee to work in an organization, like it boosts confidence, that enables them to perform the challenging tasks as well.
- Career growth: The training imparts skills to an employee they enhance their resume by mentioning these in for career growth.
- Boost the confidence: Training leads to improvement in the performance which boost the confidence of an individual and it encourages him to improvise in every step which contributes a lot in the company’s goal achievement.
- Increase capability: A trained employee is capable enough; he/she tackle any situation or problem in a better way.
- Reduction in miss happenings: Training makes the employee more experienced, which reduces the chances of mistakes or miss happenings.
- Raise Moral: training enables the employee to achieve Job satisfaction and boosts up employee’s moral
- Speed of execution: Speed of execution of an employee increases after the training accomplishment
- Build Leadership qualities: Training generates the leadership qualities in the employee which helps in decision making, taking initiative, planning, and assigning work and much more.
Learn More: Why is leadership important in life
- Improve the quality of work: It helps in improving the quality of work which reduces the error and the accuracy in the work attained. With the passage of time employee become proficient.
An activity which is concerned, to improve its current or future performance of an employee, by refining his/her talent through the process of learning (teaching), by changing tactic, sharpening skills, improving capabilities and enhancing the knowledge base, all are under the process of training and development. That’s why training and development of employees matter the most in the success and innovation.
If you haven’t subscribed yet, Please Enter your email id here & subscribe then verify it by visiting verification link in your mailbox, after that you will get great articles like this one automatically to your email inbox.