You can use MS Word in daily life to create professional looking documents such as resume, letters, applications, forms, brochures, templates, business cards, calendar, reports, eBooks, and newsletter in speed with high quality.
In this article, you can learn about the various uses of Microsoft Word in your daily life. A complete guide so you can be able to use Microsoft Word. Microsoft word is powerful, proven and professional application software. Microsoft Word application is the easiest word processing program developed by Microsoft Inc. to create personal, educational and workplace documents.
What is Microsoft Word?
Microsoft word is word processing software you can after buying complete packages of Microsoft Office suite. Here you can learn what Microsoft word is: Introduction of Microsoft Word.
Microsoft Word helps in manage daily life official works. Microsoft Word is most productive application in any computer. In which students can create school projects and professional can use to create workplace documents.
You read here: Microsoft Word Uses and Features. An article totally dedicated about the top functions and features of Microsoft Word.
What is the difference between MS word and MS excel?
Microsoft Excel is used to conduct calculation, research, data visualization in charts, data management, data analytics. Microsoft Excel application is based on an electronic spreadsheet in which you can use various mathematical and logical formulas.
You can learn later: – Uses of Microsoft Excel in Daily Life
Microsoft Word is used to create various types of official documents that you can print and publish. When you open a Microsoft Word, it contains default document, like a paper. This document is used to type and write whatever you want. In this, you can use cursor position and features to format and align your document professionally. There are various defaults templates, help you in creating Microsoft Word document.
Both excel and word applications are included in Microsoft Office Suite.
Following are the top 10 professional and personal uses of Microsoft Word
1. Business and workplace use of Microsoft Word: – You can create all types of official documents in Microsoft Word. You can use template function in Microsoft to download letterhead sample, bills, and cash memo, joining letter, receipts, letterhead and all various types of accounts management related work.
You can send an email by using mail merge that helps you to send one document to thousands of people with name and address.
The use of Microsoft Word in official works is really easy and productive other than any other word processing software. After installing and working on MS word you don’t need to find anything on the search engine. It’s because if you don’t know something, you can even search inside the Microsoft Word when it’s connected to the internet.
2. MS word uses in Education: – Microsoft word is best teaching tools for teachers. You can create lecture script by using text, word art, shapes, colors, and images. That will explore creativity in students. They will watch slide or printed document more interestingly.
Other than that you can type and edit question paper in Microsoft Word. You can write application, letter that is helpful in the certain situation. Microsoft Word is used to create various educational materials. It’s helpful to create error-free documents.
3. Home based uses of Microsoft Word: – You can create a birthday card, invitation card in Microsoft Word by using pre-defined templates or using insert menu and format menus functions. You can also type a letter to municipal party on MS-Word.
Microsoft word is like a diary for personal use, in which you can write your day to day actives. Such as you can type and print the shopping list in the paper.
4. Microsoft Word helps you to get a job: – Microsoft Office basic knowledge can play a big role to get you a job. As you learned above business and commercial uses of Microsoft Word. It means the basic and advanced knowledge of MS Word can help you to get a job. And its’ great skills that you can highlight in your resume.
5. Help to create resumes, notes, and assignments: – You can create notes and assignment on MS-word. It’s easy to write and format text in Microsoft word by using various text formatting options such as paragraph, fonts, styles etc. You can insert a cover page, you can insert watermark and tables in your assignment according to your choice.
6. You can create books, articles, and newsletters: – Microsoft word is used by millions of people around the world for document writing since its launch. And writing book on Microsoft Word is really easy. There are lots of features and function that can help you to create and print a book.
A book needs a cover page, content, head and footers, image adjustments, text alignment and text highlighter etc. All these features are available in Microsoft Word.
Also, you can create e-books or pdf documents by just need to save your document in .pdf. This is an option you can find in the file menu after that change the save type from .docx to .pdf and it will create an ebook or notes files for you. But save an original copy of Word file in .docx, before saving in .pdf format.
7. Used to create edit, transcribe, and convert PDF documents: – You can create and edit PDF document in Microsoft word. You can also transcribe the video into a word file. You can copy and edit pre-written books.
Microsoft word is used by data entry operators, assistant and typist more often to enter and format text in a word file. You can also use Microsoft word to translate a document from English to Hindi and Italian to English. But to type in Hindi, You need Hindi fonts such as Kundli, Agra etc.
8. You can start an offline/online business after learning the Microsoft word: – Now you know that there are so many uses of Microsoft Word and Office in our daily life. So, you can use Microsoft word to start the business. You can start your business online and offline. You need to create documents for official works. It’s like a data entry business. You can start freelancing to get Microsoft Word related works. You can sell documents on your own website. You can even buy a printer and provide notes for school students. Like a home based cyber café.
9. Collaborate with team members anytime and from anywhere: – You can use Microsoft word to collaborate with your team while working on the same project and document. For that, you need to use Microsoft word online. Microsoft word is now updated to cloud base application in which the cost of official works is reduced.
10. You can use Microsoft Word to teach student: – Microsoft word commercial uses are more than our thinking. But after learning and practicing Microsoft Office or Microsoft application you can teach to other people.
You can teach your own kids how to download images and align text with images for notes. How to create resumes. If you have minimum knowledge of official works then you can even start teaching people online by creating video tutorial that you can upload on YouTube. After that, you can monetize your video and website content with Google Adsense.
That’s it! Its little detail, I am using Microsoft word from last 10 years to all above things. I hope you it is helpful for you. For more information and suggestion contact me or comment below.