There are photo editing, typographical, graphical, creative and professional uses of Adobe Photoshop in our daily life. Such as product design, website mockup designs, business card design, movie poster designs, various types of digital content, branding, advertising and marketing material designs, etc. are common uses of Adobe Photoshop in our daily life.
There are various powerful advantages of learning Adobe Photoshop for students and professionals. And Adobe Photoshop is our 5th important and easiest skill in the list of 11 most important Computer Skills to learn for career development. (Learn later)
But today let’s talk about the basic uses of Adobe Photoshop and its tools in our daily professional and personal life.
Top 10 Powerful Uses of Adobe Photoshop in Our Daily Life
1. Uses of Photoshop in Photo & Image Editing works
- You can use Adobe Photoshop to retouch your digital and scanned photographs. In retouch, you can improve the brightness and color tone of the photo into a new style. In retouch, you can also remove unwanted dots using a healing brush tool, blur tool, Hue/Saturation, photo filter, color lookup, and various other image menu tools in Adobe Photoshop that help to retouch, sharpen and enhance photos to the highest quality.
- You can remove and change the background of the photos. You can use an eraser, magic eraser tool to remove the background. You can save without background images in .png format. You can also add and remove the watermark in images.
- You can give a new life to old photos by using photo restoration techniques in Adobe Photoshop. You can use the clone stamp tool, color combination, background removal, healing brush tool, blur tool, and various other methods. In photo restoration you can restore photos from various conditions such as changing the colors of clothes in photos, removing water dots; you can clean and make photos fresh and attractive.
- You can add a person to photos. In Adobe Photoshop you can add a single person into 10 to 100 different group photos. The challenging part here is that you need expert skills so it looks like the original. This is what we call photo editing or photo manipulation. You can also cut photos of single or multiple people from group photos then you can place it on individually or on different photographs.
2. Uses of Adobe Photoshop in Graphics Designing Works
- In Adobe Photoshop you can create flyers, books cover designs, brochure designs, and various other branding and marketing materials for business. Such as you can design real estate property flyer from concept and even from scratch. But this required Artistic Adobe Photoshop skills to create and design flyers up to the standard.
- Uses in product photography for e-commerce websites and online stores. In which you can edit lifestyle and product images. Mostly you can add a background in lifestyle photos; you can also change and set up the product background.
- You can also use Adobe Photoshop to design, draw maps, satellite views, and environment, rivers, tree showcase in icons and small graphics. This is mostly used in Gaming Apps, Business listing portals, etc.
- The top uses of Adobe Photoshop are to design website landing pages, website designs, and sales funnel design. Mostly this is used by e-commerce websites. In which you have to design a product with logos, contact us form, social media icons and call to action button.
It depends on you what you want to draw, you can design everything in Adobe Photoshop from scratch.
- You can use Adobe Photoshop to design creative and attractive business cards. You can also edit existed business card designs. You can replace the content of business cards with new marketing material.
- You can use Adobe Photoshop to design contest, event and survey images, and brochure to invite customers/clients or contestants on social media and websites.
For that you can use royalty-free, stock images with your content, you can also use free images and then make it like stock images, etc.
For social media, you have to create images in different sizes so that it looks attractive and inspire people to act. It’s because people are using various devices such as a tablet, mobile, laptop, and desktop. You can set the pixel dimension in each version of the image. To open image size you can press Ctrl+Alt+I in Adobe Photoshop CS6.
- You can use to design an email or HTML newsletter in Adobe Photoshop.
- Uses of Adobe Photoshop in 2D/3D modeling and architectural visualization of photos and drawings. Such as you can use interior and exterior photos, the realistic 3D architectural design of two objects that look like an attached.
- You can use Adobe Photoshop to design and create magazine and newspaper advertisements.
- You can use Adobe Photoshop in UI/UX designing works.
- You can create an email signature that suite your brand in Adobe Photoshop.
- You can create product packing design and 3D mockups in Adobe Photoshop. Knowledge of packaging design, print layout design will help to showcase creativity with top quality.
- Adobe Photoshop is also used in Icons designs and mockups for websites.
- You can use Adobe Photoshop to design t-shirts. For better quality, setting resolutions up to 3000 x 4000 will be better. But to design higher resolution images and artistic works, you need min. 4 GB Ram and High-quality graphics card in your laptop or computer.
- You can also create mobile and SAAS web application wireframes and designs. Such as user flow, screen design knowledge will be helpful to design faster.
3. Uses of Adobe Photoshop in Pattern and texture designs.
Pattern and texture are the easiest work that you can do in Adobe Photoshop but that requires little creativity. Image Patterns/Product background pattern/ text pattern etc. help to design concept quickly and make it more attractive for users.
To design pattern first you need to set an image size above 3000px min. and then you can draw one image and paste each image according to your creativity. After that remove the background and then you can click on Edit menu-> Define brush preset and define a pattern to save your pattern design. After that, you can use a pattern in anything that you draw and able to add a background.
4. Uses of Adobe Photoshop in Politics and Social Media
You know that there are viral images of politicians on the Internet. Those images are funny, annoying and have used by political parties and media companies for various election campaigns.
Most of the images are designed and edited in Adobe Photoshop. This is negative creative works that help only parties and campaign experts to smash the reputation of their opponent or other political parties. Such images explore destructive creativity in social media users’ mind and sometimes it’s fun for many people.
You can create and save images in various formats in Adobe Photoshop such as most popular .png, .jpeg, .gif, etc.
5. Uses of Adobe Photoshop in designing quotes images
Quotes creation, designs are another biggest use of Adobe Photoshop. You can see that websites and social media users share various funny, inspirational, educational and technical, etc. quotes images. These quotes images are designed and created by brands, individuals, website owners and companies using Adobe Photoshop.
For that, they use attractive and clean Fonts, typography and image editing techniques (mostly simple) along with content to make such images viral on the Internet. You can see various high-quality quotes designs on Pinterest.
6. Uses of Adobe Photoshop in Logo Design and Branding
Logo design is another work that you can do using Adobe Photoshop. I think almost all logo designers use Adobe Photoshop. While there are other applications also available such as Corel Draw, Adobe Illustrator, and online logo design websites. But I found that designing logos and for finishing touch I personally use Adobe Photoshop.
Adobe Photoshop really helps in reducing sizes, improving pixels in the image, resizing for logos and branding material for various web applications is easiest to create in Adobe Photoshop than any other application.
7. Uses of Adobe Photoshop to design special occasion’s designs
You can design Best Wishes, Happy Birthday, Happy Diwali, etc. images in Adobe Photoshop. Even you can design every physical object in Adobe Photoshop such as a mobile, pen, candle, flower and everything that you see is possible to design in Adobe Photoshop.
8. Uses to Create Passport/stamp size photographs in Adobe Photoshop.
You can create passport/stamp size photographs at home using the camera of your phone and printer. You can print 5-6 -12-100 copies when you need to use it in various official documents, such as in Admission form, job applications, etc.
9. Uses of Adobe Photoshop in Business
You can use Adobe Photoshop to start and promote business. Such as you can design and provide Adobe Photoshop and graphic designing services to clients. Here you can learn more about it: What you can do after graphics designing degree.
10. Uses of Adobe Photoshop in Career and Jobs.
Graphics designers and artistic skills are always in demand. You can get Adobe Photoshop jobs online and offline very easily. Here are some articles for you:
If you want to see above uses of Adobe Photoshop then visit the following links:
I think it’s enough to understand that what the uses of Adobe Photoshop are in our daily life.
Adobe Photoshop is an evergreen application that I think everyone should use. It’s because Adobe Photoshop explores creativity and thoughts. Students can learn various skills so that they keep them engaging with their creative works. I think schools/computer teachers should provide and teach basic Adobe Photoshop and graphic designing skills to students.
While there are other Adobe Photoshop alternatives are available on the Internet. And it’s also hard for Adobe Inc. to keep innovating the features and functionality of Adobe Photoshop. But I think they did a great job in the development and innovation of features in Adobe Photoshop.
If you haven’t subscribed yet, Please Enter your email id here & subscribe then verify it by visiting verification link in your mailbox, after that you will get great articles like this one automatically to your email inbox.
If you want to update/upgrade your photoshop graphics design tool knowledge then following online courses can be helpful for you:
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Thanks for your feedback!