In this post, you will find out the best SEO practices and practical tips to get quality traffic to your WordPress eCommerce website. The SEO tips and techniques shared in this article are also very beneficial for other eCommerce and blog websites too.
Search Engine optimization goals for eCommerce website:
Before you start learning or implementing any type of SEO techniques, you have to be clear about your goals. For example, your bounce is high then it’s important for you to learn and use the SEO technique in which you can reduce the bounce rate.
Some of the top goals are the following:
- Quality traffic from search engine websites such as Google, Bing.
- Lower bounce rate and increase engagement
- Great users experiences and design
- Generate more leads and sales.
- The mindset to Help people or customers – Most important
To achieve the above SEO goals, I am sharing the best practice that I have implemented in my client’s WordPress online store website and also from some years of blogging experience. If you use these SEO practices, then I am sure you will get 0 to 100 to 1000 or 1000 to 10000 visitors per day on your eCommerce website and your sales will start growing within few months. While there are many things, but I am sharing those things that worked.
So, let’s start to learn eCommerce website optimization practices:
1. Use simple and high-quality WordPress eCommerce theme:
High-quality WordPress eCommerce theme has few top features such as:
- Faster to load
- Coded cleanly in which you will not find an error and that is compatible with page builders and other plugins.
- Fastest to load, in which JS/CSS and Images are optimized effectively.
- Mobile/Desktop/Tablet Responsive or mobile-friendly.
- Simple to use functionality and design.
If you find such themes then use it. It does not matter it’s paid or free. WordPress Theme or eCommerce website theme/design play an important very important role to get high-quality traffic from the search engines, lower bounce rate, user engagements, and leads.
2. Speed Up your Website:
Google Page speed tool, GTMetrix will help you to understand why your website is slow. You can learn about the errors in detail and solve them on your own. It will also help you to delegate SEO works effectively.
To increase the loading speed of any type of WordPress website you have to do the following things:
- Use less external style.css files as little as possible even don’t use.
- Don’t use too much heavy plugin. You can test each plugin through testing. Test – Deactivate – Test – Activate or deactivate.
- You don’t need to use social media icons or social media websites links in the header and navbar. Show them after users have taken few actions or after purchase or in the footer.
- Use caching plugins such as the fastest cache, SG optimizer, total cache.
You will get all types of improvement notification when you test your website speed in gtmetrix and google page speed insights.
Fast loading speed is very important in SEO that helps to reduce bounce rate, increase sales/leads, and get more traffic from search engines and social media.
Here you can learn in more details: Tips to increase your WordPress blog website speed effectively
3. Test the following things one by one:
- Write at least 1 creative word with your product and website title that is unknown and less popular but very effective and related to the products.
- Try to communicate with the person you want to come from google to your online store website. Write like you communicating with customers face to face.
- Present the product, description, title, and every material in a way that is simple to read, easy to follow.
- Never try to make things robotics. Make them human-friendly. Don’t showcase how smart you’re in the words, instead used those are commonly spelled by your target audience.
- Use tags, categories and also use the description in every point in the product page.
- Do not repeat the same keyword instead add more variety of that keyword in the product description page.
- Target keywords based on locations focus on the keywords that are searched in less popular areas.
- And most important, do not follow too much advice on SEO. Just implement 1 SEO expert suggestion, then see the results, it can take a month even year.
- If you haven’t got the results, within 4-5 months then follow the tips of another SEO expert.
- Consistently track the user behaviors on the website and make changes that are important for the conversion.
- Optimize the website like you’re creating the offline store for customers in which people saw the signboard, see the products, and then buy it. I mean to communicate in every point through images, product title, description, meta description, tags, alt tags, categories, banners, social media posts, emails, videos, newsletters, etc. It’s called a customer journey.
4. Focus and invest your time on the product page:
The product page is the actual page that needs to be ranked higher for specific keywords as per the product to get more impressions and higher CTR on the search engine. So, invest more time and effort in ranking and adding the values in the product page.
Just don’t leave it with 1 product image, price, and with few sentences. Present it with the best possible methods.
Here I have written a complete post to rank product page higher on the search engine: High converting eCommerce product page best practices
5. Publish 3 blog post per week:
Blogging is the best and easiest method to increase traffic to your WordPress store website. Write and publish a minimum of 3 blog posts per week based on the keywords that you’re using on your product page.
It will not only make your website content-rich but also help to educate people around your product values and features.
Here I have written in more details: How blogging increase traffic and sales on the eCommerce website
So use and follow the above SEO practices in your WordPress eCommerce, WooCommerce online store website and you will see the results within a few weeks.