If you want to learn SEO or to become SEO specialist then you need to filter existed SEO concepts and after that, you have to create new techniques that are suitable according to niche websites. You also need to study social media, PPC, Email Marketing, Mobile Marketing and Content Marketing concepts.
SEO can be a Puzzle. It can be a Myth. But SEO is an Art and Science that help search engines to identify the correct content for users. Search engine results are based on user queries, demographics, history, locations, words, vocabulary, device etc.
I am not teaching here, how to do SEO or How to optimize the website. But I am just explaining you some of my experiences, ideas, and creativity that help you to learn search engine optimization.
No matter you’re learning Search Engine Optimization to build a career as an SEO expert or you’re trying to rank your website higher or you’re looking for getting more organic traffic to your blog or clients websites etc. following techniques help you in smart ways to learn search engine optimisation faster than ever without getting puzzled. You will get mistakes in my English but forget if you got it, and just focus on points.
1. Learn from Search Engine Optimization Goal
Before you start learning What is SEO and how to do it you need to understand and Define the Goal of Search Engine Optimization for yourself. For me, the goal of SEO is to help search engine to identify correct content for the user.
For clients, the Goal of SEO is to get more customers to their website. For blogger, the goal of SEO is to get more readers and organic traffic to their blog. For search engine, the goal of SEO is to rank right structured websites and content in front of users.
The most qualified website get on top 5, but it doesn’t mean that top 5 websites can be helpful for users. That’s why search engine updates itself consistently for a single query.
The search engine automatically learns users behaviors on top 5 or 10 websites every time. And search engine makes the changes next time for the same query. You can experiment and you have to do it to understand what do I mean. So just experiment for an hour for 5 to 10 queries on Google or your favorite search engine by using mobile, computer, different browser and locations. You will notice the unusual behaviors of the search engine.
That’s why before you jump to learn SEO from anyone you need understand the goals.
The SEO learning practice looks like this: Your Goals + Search Engine Goals + User Goals = SEO Learner.
2. Learn by Doing
The best way to learn SEO is to create your own website and then try to rank it higher on Google Search Engine or Bing. Real learning is what you do on live projects. Not in online SEO courses or Offline courses in which you just learn the theory that is based on 1 year old practices.
Search engine updates itself every minute not once in a year. So it’s better to create your website not on SEO but on different niche or category. Such as Travel Blog, Finance Blog or any other business or services websites, then try to rank it.
Make notes. Set two heading, What SEO works, and what SEO doesn’t work? And each time when you get success, note it under the heading “what SEO Concepts works”. And when you get the failure to note it under “what SEO techniques don’t work”. For best start follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines, implement Technical SEO parts and follow the basics.
3. Learn by Joining Online or Offline SEO Course
The 3rd method of learning SEO is by joining Online SEO courses and training. This method is more popular but less effective in long run. It’s because Search Engines change the algorithm after a certain time. The SEO techniques working today, will not work after a year. But the basics of SEO don’t change.
So learn the basics of SEO by joining online courses. And if possible find the SEO course that is category specific. I mean if you have travel website or travel blog, then find a person who can teach you SEO basics for a Travel Blog. Similarly, If you’re trying to rank web design website then find a person or course teaching Web design SEO. But if you want to become SEO specialist then you need to do two types or three different SEO online courses. E. g. SEO for beginners, SEO Intermediate and Advanced SEO.
Following ways can be the best method:
1. Do the Basic SEO course in which technical SEO, link building, PPC, Organic Traffic, On page optimization, social media etc. concepts are included.
2. After that experiments and implement the lessons on your own website or clients websites. You can do it by creating your blog website. Or follow the guidelines of online course SEO teacher.
3. If things works then it’s great. If not even after trying 3-4 times then it’s time to do another Online or Offline SEO course. It’s because you want to become SEO expert. And you can’t stop learning.
4. Now find advanced SEO techniques course. Experiment the lessons on your website. Asks the questions from SEO teacher. Do the SEO audit and discuss your website problem with your online or offline SEO teachers.
5. If things works then it’s great. And each time, when you stuck, go for learning. Go for SEO books, or online SEO courses or Free material.
4. Learn from SEO Consultants Job scripts
The 4th best method to learn SEO is from SEO consultant job descriptions. In SEO consultant job script, you will get ideas, what is required from you as an SEO consultant. Search on Google SEO Consultant Job script, and you will get ideas, what are the things expected from an SEO Specialists.
Now after learning SEO jobs scripts, you need to learn and practice 70% of those things. After this, it’s easy for you to study correct SEO skills and concepts after the analysis of job scripts. And definitely, it will help you too in finding right SEO course.
5. Learn from what SEO clients are demanding
Use freelancing websites to get the ideas about what kind of SEO projects are in trends. What are the skills clients are demanding? If you have the idea about the demanding SEO skills, it will be great for you to understand your role as an SEO specialist and It will also help you to learn SEO faster than others.
For example, Clients can demand keywords descriptions, Rewriting SEO titles, meta descriptions, Google Analytics, Yoast SEO Plugin knowledge, knowledge of excel and data filtering and visualizations, great English and grammar and content writing skills.
There can be a role for SEO to handle website and application optimization, Adwords, Google Analytics, Social Media and Email Marketing. Also, clients can ask you for real-time reports, suggestions, and optimization. So knowledge of pay per click management, Keyword research, SEM, SEO, and SMM will be very effective to deliver SEO projects successfully.
That’s why I am suggesting to learn what to need to learn what SEO skills and expertise clients are demanding. So that you can learn, study, research and practice SEO skills in the best way possible.
Following are more short suggestions to Learn Search Engine Optimization.
1. Learn from comparing search results. Always compare results whenever and whatever you search on Google. It will help you to understand what things work and what is not.
2. Learn by Getting Project. After a basic knowledge, you can get SEO project or work on SEO project with friends, or by joining any SEO company for free. In this way, it’s possible that you will learn some of the advanced techniques and SEO tricks.
3. Learn by Experimenting with others ideas. You should have website or blog or project to experiment what other SEO industry specialists are suggesting. So that you can differentiate and filter your SEO knowledge and skills.
4. Explain what have you learned. Whenever you get into contact with other SEO specialists, discuss your ideas, also participate in SEO forms, ask questions, do surveys and get the views on what other people think on your idea.
5. Learn what SEO techniques don’t work. It’s more important to know what SEO techniques and concepts are outdated and don’t work than what works. So always look closely at successful results and failures.
6. Finalise what you’re most comfortable and easy for you. Anything can be difficult and easy in SEO. Many people find it easy to drive traffic to a website from Social Media, many are great in Link building and many are great in organic traffic. So it’s very helpful to make a list and work on your SEO skills based on strengths. It will be helpful when you’re writing job proposal, cover letter and in Interview.
7. Always practice writing same title or paragraph or line 5 different ways. Write simply. And write each sentence meaningful. Improve your vocabulary and use it according to the target audience.
8. Learn to understand Voice Search Results. Voice search results and optimization of a website for Google voice search queries will be the future of SEO. So it’s important that you learn website optimization for voice search results too.
9. Don’t follow too many SEO mentors. On the internet or in real life everyone is a teacher. It’s tough to differentiate and to find right SEO mentor. So it’s good that you keep listening SEO gossips and as well as videos on SEO. Keep checking your selected SEO mentors, what they are doing and how they are doing. And it’s good if you have 1-2 mentor, and don’t select next one until you didn’t implement the existed mentor lessons.
10. Use and compare results after using Various SEO tools. There are various WordPress SEO plugins, websites, and apps for SEO. They are tools that help you to understand and practice SEO techniques. So always open to new SEO inventions and concepts. And be flexible.
11. Create your own SEO concept. When you start getting above average results from Search Engine Optimization then start creating your own SEO concepts. And test those concepts on different niche websites.
12. Try to compete with top 10 queries and top competitive keywords. It will teach you lots of SEO techniques. Go for tough.
That’s it for today friends. I hope above tips will help you to learn SEO skills, concepts and techniques faster. And I hope you will be able to work in SEO field and able to get projects too or able to increase your website traffic.
If you haven’t subscribed yet, Please Enter your email id here & subscribe then verify it by visiting verification link in your mailbox, after that you will get great articles like this one automatically to your email inbox.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?