Everyday routine has different demands, expectations, and priorities. All the women whether working or housewives have many duties to perform. We women manage the home and are responsible for a lot of things concerned with the home.
We, housewives, manage home chores as per our convenience. When I used to work full time, I do all the home chores on my own. After I quitting my job I was doing my home chores, but I became a little lazy.
I created a daily, manageable routine which you could also do, it will help you to manage your time to become more productive. Being the mother of a toddler also increases responsibilities more. When I
didn’t have a baby, I feel like I have many hours in a day. But now I feel a shortage of time in a day. But after following a schedule I am able to manage my time in a productive way.
A woman who works outside, she earns. In the same way, a housewife who stays at home she is not earning but she is saving the expanses of a maid. But a Freelancer who stays at home to do all the activities of a housewife apart from that she earns.
Tips/Points to be considered while drafting your schedule:
- Do advance planning for your time whether you are working or a housewife.
- Make a time chart in written format
- Set priorities for the day (laundry, going to market)
- Be Realistic with Your Time (divide time as per the tasks)
- Place time chart approaching areas like in the kitchen (on the fridge), in your bedroom (near your bed), in the drawing room (closer to T.V.)
- Don’t overburden yourself
- Do the laundry on alternate days(like on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, Sunday)
- Deep cleaning of a room done twice/thrice a week(On Monday deep clean one room, on Tuesday do another room).
- Make a list of grocery at the beginning of the month and maintain stock for the month, so that you need to go out, again and again, to purchase in slots.
- Consider time for yourself. eg. yoga, exercise, walk, etc.
Here I am sharing my personal schedule as an example which you can incorporate into your schedule it might help you. Let’s begin.
|Sr. No.||Start Task||End Task||To do List|
|1||5:00||5:15||Wake up, drink lukewarm water & freshen up|
|2||5:15||5:40||Go for morning walk & do exercise|
|6||6:50||7:20||Cook Breakfast & serve wake up drinks (milk/tea)/ make Tiffin|
|7||7:20||8:00||Spend some quality time with my daughter & teach her something related to her books or moral values.|
|8||8:00||8:40||Prepare daughter for school/ Do some home chores in between(Washing clothes)|
|9||8:40||9:00||Breakfast time/ clean up utensils|
|10||9:00||10:00||Drop her to school & go to the temple|
|11||10:00||12:30||Do Freelancing job|
|14||13:45||14:15||Go to pick up daughter|
|15||14:15||14:45||Give time to my daughter in her daily routine|
|17||16:00||18:30||Freelancing work & play time with my daughter|
|18||18:30||20:00||Walk time & playing time for her|
|20||21:00||21:30||Have dinner/cleanup utensils|
|21||21:30||22:00||Freelancing work & help her in doing her homework|
|22||22:00||22:15||Storytime for her|
Initially, it was quite difficult for me to follow this schedule but I started practicing on it regularly. In the beginning, I need to see the schedule thing but now I am used to it. My brain follows it on its own.
“All that really belongs to us is time; even he who has nothing else has that.”
Think over it, don’t waste your time utilize it productively.
If you haven’t subscribed yet, Please Enter your email id here & subscribe then verify it by visiting verification link in your mailbox, after that you will get great articles like this one automatically to your email inbox.