Adobe Photoshop is a graphics designing application software, in which you can edit photos, create art, retouch product photos, images from raster to vector, photo manipulation and many, etc. that you can do in the Adobe Photoshop easily and creatively.
The current version is Adobe Photoshop CC 2017.1 and it is developed and published by Adobe System for macOS and Windows. It was created by 1988 by Thomas and John Knoll and the first release was 19 February 1990 according to Wikipedia.
My experience with Adobe Photoshop is great. I started using it in 2008 and today. I like photo editing and photo manipulation. I use it for Logo Designing, creative art, blog images, and many other things professionally. Adobe Photoshop helped me a lot in my career and business. I got my first 4-5 projects on Upwork related to Graphics designing and Adobe Photoshop a few years ago. I tried to teach it to my students and they just fall in love with Adobe Photoshop.
Now today, I am writing about Adobe Photoshop and sharing my creativity and experiences.
Why learn Adobe Photoshop?
Adobe Photoshop contains various high-quality graphics designing options. The following are the skills that are always in demand.
To add Watermark or remove
iPhone Apps Design
Box design and 3d Views
Website Header Design
Business Card Design
Image background removal
eBook cover page design
These are the skills and practices that you can do in Adobe Photoshop. I know there are various other online applications today, that you can use to edit images. But Adobe Photoshop is the foundation of everything (idea, options, layouts, filters, etc.) that you’re seeing many other applications today on the Internet. In other words, Adobe Photoshop is the daddy of almost all image editing applications.
That’s the technical part, but why learn to practice Adobe Photoshop. So, to become a master in Adobe Photoshop, you don’t need a knowledge of all options. But you need to be creative and imaginative to use such graphics designing software. And Adobe Photoshop provides options that explore creativity inside you, students and anyone want to do something productive in computers. So, Adobe Photoshop skills are one of the best basic computer skills that will help you in your career and business.
But before discussion on Adobe Photoshop business and career benefits let’s see the following facts and data.
Some facts about the Adobe Photoshop Demand and Supply
1. You can see the photo editing trends picture below, you can also explore various queries about Adobe Photoshop in Google trends. It’s very helpful to find out the demanding services in the city, country, and related viral topics on the Internet.
2. Photo editing services, monthly searches on Google as per data provided by Google Keyword Planner. It highlights how much Adobe Photoshop skills are in demand, and people looking for Photoshop services offline and online. For example, Photo editing services keyword is searched by 100-100k people in Google from the last couple of years, till today. I don’t say, it’s totally accurate but I believe that it’s great to get the idea about the demand for a particular thing in the market.
3. Now you can see in the below image, 100-1K people are searching monthly on Google for Adobe Photoshop Training and all ideas related to Adobe Photoshop training are searched by 1M to 10M people monthly on Google. And I think, this data provided by Google Keyword Planner or Google Adwords, make a conclusion that people in India or overseas want to have Adobe Photoshop skills because of demand.
4. Now look at the demand and jobs for Adobe Photoshop expert on Upwork, I searched it today on 06/07/2017 and there are 1948 jobs found after I searched “photo editing Adobe Photoshop.
I think above-researched data about Adobe Photoshop demand is enough to analyze that Adobe Photoshop is still a very demanding Graphics design application and I believe that anyone can become a master in Adobe Photoshop and they can start their small business from home online and offline.
But the question is how it can help you in your Career and Business. So, let’s understand the following career and business points in details:-
1. You can provide Photo Editing Services Offline: –
Photo editing is one of the best ways to start using technical skills to earn money and business. You can start this business from home in India and anywhere. But few things need to consider such as demand for such things in your city. My ideas, visit the market and see the photo studio and their customers or work with them for a few days or months. After you got the market experience and people skills. Start operating the same business from your home or any small office.
But you need to market your services online and offline. It’s because many people nowadays search on Google before they visit the market. So, it’s really important that you market your business online.
2. You can start a YouTube Channel
Yes, it’s a great idea to teach and show your Adobe Photoshop skills to the world. And if you’re lucky you will get a job and business offer from YouTube too. You can share your skills, you can teach, etc. You can start any type of YouTube channel with your skills and expertise. It just needs to be helpful for people watching this. After that, you can monetize it with Google Adsense. Learn more about it here: What is YouTube and How to use it for Business and Career Advantages
3. You can sell your designs on your own website
You can start your business using Adobe Photoshop by creating an e-commerce website in which you can design and sell demanding content for small business owners, product images for e-commerce websites, business cards, flyers, brochures, web design, and many others things.
4. You can apply for online jobs and projects
As I shared the facts above about the demand for Adobe Photoshop expert on Upwork, it means, you can create a profile on Upwork, then apply for jobs. If you are an expert then you will get plenty of work and get paid directly to your bank account. Upwork is a freelance website, which I used by thousands or millions of business owners, companies, and individuals and in which they post jobs and projects and get the work done by freelancers. So, you can work as a freelancer too.
5. You can apply for jobs offline
In every big or small city, there are shops such as printing press, photo studio, newspaper agency, marketing agency, web Design Company. So, if you have skills then visit the above businesses in the market or send your resume to these companies. Show them your portfolio and designs and if they get impressed and inspired by your creativity and designing abilities, they will give the work or jobs immediately.
6. You can sell your design on online marketplaces
If you don’t like to do a job, or don’t want to sell on your website due to many reasons. Don’t worry, just find or search on Google for an online marketplace for designers, or how to sell designs on the Internet. And you will get many ideas and platforms in which you can sell your designing material and get a royalty or one-time payment.
7. You can design images for Social Media Marketing
As you now know the demand for photo editing or graphics designing skills. It’s because many companies are hiring people, web designers or graphic designers to design their marketing material. It’s because images are one the source to market your business online on social media and by Google images.
If you want to promote your business on social media, then you can design the marketing content in Adobe Photoshop then upload and share your content on the internet.
8. You can create an image for your blog
If you’re a blogger or running a website, you can create and design images for your article based on the keywords and topics. Another advantage of designing fresh and new images for your blog, that it will get a higher rank on Google because you have everything fresh and original material.
Another reason, people often learn nowadays through Google images. For example, if I want inspiring designs or images or quotes images, I do not visit the website, but I only look at the images for inspiration. If I liked the images, I visit the website, because I get the idea about the content before visiting the website from the Google search engine. If you’re a blogger, I know you can understand this and this is another creative idea to increase traffic to your blog.
9. You can do teach your kids
Adobe Photoshop explores creativity in the mind of kids. Kids are already creative but they need direction and platform to use that creativity for productivity. If from earlier childhood, they use a computer or they use such kind designing software, it will make them mentally strong and skillful. I think Adobe Photoshop is a better application for kids on the computer than games.
10. You can train other people offline
Why not, if you’re a housewife, senior citizen or anyone, you can teach Adobe Photoshop to your neighbors, family members, and other people.
So, as explained above there are various advantages of Adobe Photoshop for school and college students, marketing companies, business owners and I think all kinds of people in the world.
If you want more knowledge or information about Graphics designing, please read this article in your free time:
How to learn Adobe Photoshop?
- You can learn Adobe Photoshop by joining any computer Institute in your city. Make sure that they teach Adobe Photoshop or graphics designing practically on the latest applications.
- You can watch YouTube videos to learn Photoshop skills for free. Yes, after that you can practice those learned skills and ideas at home on your computer.
- You can join and get admission to online courses related to Adobe Photoshop. There are various Adobe Photoshop online courses that you can join and you can learn it from an expert.
- You can install Adobe Photoshop on the computer at home, and practice daily.
- You can learn it part-time with any photo studio or printing press or graphics designing studio if they allow you.
- You can hire any Adobe Photoshop expert to teach you at your home.
- You can also contact Adobe Photoshop teachers online so that they will teach trained you at that particular time.
I hope, this article will help you in your career and business.
If you haven’t subscribed yet, Please Enter your email id here & subscribe then verify it by visiting verification link in your mailbox, after that you will get great articles like this one automatically to your email inbox.