Uses of Microsoft Office in daily life: Microsoft Office suite is a family living in almost every computer around the world. Family members are Microsoft Word to create and edit documents, Excel to perform the mathematical and logical calculation with analytical functions, PowerPoint for presentation, MS- Access for database management, and Microsoft Outlook for sending and receiving data by emails, etc. And Microsoft is a leader of this family.
In other words, Microsoft Office is an official application software package, developed by Microsoft Inc. headquarters in Redmond, Washington, United States. Microsoft Office suite is an application software packaged with one bundle. It means you can use Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS-Access, Publisher, etc. to create professional-looking documents, charts, calculations, reports, and presentations at high speed and accuracy.
Today, Microsoft Office applications are used in according to me almost 90% official works around the world in private and government offices. It is so much popular due to its flexible features, easier methods to create and collaborate in official works.
The first is version was launched in the ’90s with the name Microsoft Office 3.0. Today, it is now Microsoft Office 2016 that you can install on your PC. And Office 365 that is a cloud-based subscription for a Microsoft Office in which all the application included with many other exceptional and advanced features. It is cloud-based so you can access it anywhere. And you can also use Microsoft Office Online with free Office online apps.
You only need an internet browser from any of these such as Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome and Opera Mini, etc. And Microsoft Email account that you can create at Microsoft.com. After that, you can create, share, and collaborate with anyone and from anywhere on the online Microsoft office and with Office365.
Microsoft Office knowledge is an essential requirement in offline and online jobs. You can find Microsoft Office Skills Training in the syllabus of all computer institutes and coaching centers. You can learn MS-Office by doing an offline basic computer course. After that, you can learn advanced skills from online courses.
And if you have little Microsoft Office Knowledge then YouTube videos can also help you to become a master in Microsoft Office. But for mastering in Official works you have to do 100+ exercises. Only practical exercises will give you more knowledge that is recommended for most jobs.
ideas for practical exercises: Microsoft Word exercises for basic computer course students.
When you buy Microsoft Office Suite 2016 or Office 365, you will get following (Also depends on your plan and purchased product) application with the package:
Let’s meet with the Microsoft Office Family Members including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc. And find out, what are the duties of each member installed in the computer one by one.
1. Microsoft Word: – You can use Microsoft Word to create and edit documents such as resume, applications, and letters, school or college assignments professionally.
Following articles will increase your Microsoft word knowledge:-
2. Microsoft Excel: – Microsoft Excel is my favorite application in Microsoft Office suite that anyone can use to perform daily life and business calculation by using logical and mathematical formulas in the spreadsheet. It’s a complete financial management application used by millions of people online and offline. It is very well used in data and information analytics by using filters, conditional formatting, and goal seek and pre-defined templates, etc. It is also used to visualize data and information in charts, smart arts, pivot tables, and much more.
You can read the following articles for more details:
- Uses of Microsoft Excel in our daily life and Excel Basics
- Microsoft Excel Basics
- Best online courses to learn Microsoft Excel 2016
- Importance of Microsoft Excel in Business
3. Microsoft PowerPoint: – PowerPoint another application of Microsoft packaged with Microsoft Office suite to create presentations using slides to present data and information in meetings, seminars. It means you can use PowerPoint to create project presentations, business plan presentations, school assignments and presentations for seminars etc.
You can learn more here: – Uses of Microsoft PowerPoint in our daily life.
4. Microsoft Access: – You can use MS Access to create databases and programs to track and manage data and information. It means you can create a database of students, a database of your employees, and customer records. You can also track and edit their progress with the profile name, address, and everything that is needed for you to collect.
5. Microsoft Outlook: – You can use Microsoft Outlook on the computer and online as you use Gmail. It is used to send and receive official and personal mail. In this, you can manage your day to day tasks and save important contacts. The best feature that we use each day, is you can access existed emails without an Internet connection. And you can insert all formatting options while writing an email.
The above is just a basic idea about what Microsoft office suite is all about is and how it can be beneficial for students and midsized business owners.
Microsoft Office is really the most important application to install in computers. Microsoft Office provides tools that help business owners and remote workers to work together. It is a cloud-based application that helps to achieve higher productivity from anywhere by using any device (smartphone, tablet, computer, and laptop).
In the end, I will say that Microsoft Office suite is a great family and have great powerful members. Even I am writing this article by accessing one family member that is Microsoft Word.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?